Exposing the links between all forms of sexual exploitation
CEASE Summit 2019
- Tom Farr: Behind the curtain of the porn industry; a look at the corporate giants profiting from sexual exploitation.
- Dr. Kathleen Richardson: Sex Robots and the Hatred of Women and Girls.
- Pat Branigan: Harmful Sexual Behaviour: Its prevalence and links to other types of abuse and trauma
- Julie Bindel & Fiona Broadfoot: Press for Change: Helping journalists understand the reality of the global sex trade.
- Dr. Sam Carr: Internet pornography and the erosion of empathy.
- Mary Sharpe: The Challenges of Teaching School Pupils about Internet Pornography.
- Maureen O’Hara: Recognising the Links between the Sexual Exploitation of Children and Women: How can we End Demand for Both?
The CEASE Summit 2019 is an event intended to unite diverse groups and individuals committed to ending sexual exploitation in all of its forms, including pornography, sex trafficking, prostitution, child sexual exploitation and other forms of sexual violence and abuse. We’ll expose the links between these different forms and explore how to tackle drivers such as objectification, hyper-sexualisation and the commercial sex industry.
Unified by a common aim, the Summit is a forum for mutual support and encouragement, a time for sharing news, developments and ideas, and for nurturing collaboration. Join us as we hear from a leading voices in this important area, including politicians, academics, journalists, activists and charity workers.
- Discover more about the interconnectedness of different forms of sexual exploitation
- Gain unique and diverse perspectives on how to address the drivers and underlying causes of abuse
- Get updates on the latest news, initiatives and developments
BUY TICKETS HERE!
MP for Rotherham and Shadow Secretary of State for Women and Equalities (2016–2017)
Journalist, author and political activist
Survivor, whistle-blower and activist
Senior Lecturer, Bath University
CEO of the Reward Foundation
Survivor and activist
Professor of Ethics and Culture of Robots and AI, DeMontford University
Director, Southall Black Sisters
Development & Impact Manager at the NSPCC
Senior Lecturer in Law, Solicitor, Coventry University
Human rights researcher, Law student
Founding Trustee and Executive Director of Streetlight UK.
Carole Stone CBE
|08.30-09.00||Registration and Coffee|
|Welcome from Naomi Miles, Chair of CEASE UK
Sammy Woodhouse, CSE Survivor and Activist: Experience and Aftermath of Child and Adult
Tom Farr, Human Rights Researcher: Behind the curtain of the porn industry; a look at the
Dr. Kathleen Richardson, De Montfort University: Sex Robots and the Hatred of Women and Girls
Pat Branigan, Development and Impact Manager, NSPCC: Harmful Sexual Behaviour: Its prevalence and links to other types of abuse and trauma
Laila Namdarkhan, Activist with Object: How Small Activism can Bring Results: How a Central
|12.10-13.00||Panel Discussion: Challenges to Front-line Services in the Current Political Climate.
Julie Bindel, Radical feminist activist & Fiona Broadfoot, Sex trade survivor and CEO, Build-a-Girl; Press for Change: Helping journalists understand the reality of the global sex trade.
Sarah Champion MP: Supporting women to exit sexual exploitation
Dr. Sam Carr, Professor, Bath University: Internet pornography and the erosion of empathy
Mary Sharpe CEO, The Reward Foundation: The Challenges of Teaching School Pupils about Internet Pornography.
Maureen O’Hara, Solicitor and Senior Lecturer, Coventry University; Recognising the Links between the Sexual Exploitation of Children and Women: How can we End Demand for Both?